Thursday, August 23, 2012

Early Mornings

One of the things I'm going to have to get used to about having a dog around is this early morning thing.  Last year, I took after one of my friends/coworkers who goes to work out in the morning.  The whole trying to work out between after school stuff and when my boyfriend (now fiance!) showed up around my house (and  I wanted to look AND smell pretty) wasn't working for me.  I found the beauty in early morning wake ups.

Now there's a dog at my house.  And between the lure of the back yard (read potty area) and the food he'll get when he gets back inside, Tex likes to wake me up early.  And I kinda dig it.  I've been making breakfasty food (peanut butter banana baked oatmeal last week, banana bread this weak).  I've done laundry.  It's quiet and gives me a chance to wake up slowly (especially versus the "get out of bed to put on clothes to get yourself to school by contract time of 7:25 me).

Speaking of which, my house is seeming a lot more homey and settled even in the past day.  Monday we broke down and rented a garage (read storage unit right outside my house!).  Camping stuff and stuff for our yard sale now has a place to GO.  We switched out my big ol' not so comfy chair for Frank's rocker recliner (which is MUCH smaller!). And I got some time to go through and pick up sit around stuff!  Yay!!!

Plus, I got some wedding planning stuff set!  We have a DJ, links to some decoration stuff and presents for our moms!

Engagement is weird.  My fiance gets to move stuff in (like his dog) but he can't live here.  We talk about Natural Family Planning a LOT but cannot do anything about it.  And sometimes it seems super weird that we aren't married yet.  Is this normal?

I guess normal in society's standards involves actually living together and having sex while you are engaged.  I'm all right not being that normal.  But let me clarify (morning no coffee brain is getting me here) it's not that I want to live together or have sex right now (but I'll be super excited when I can) it just feels weird that we aren't married already.

You know how stuff get's built up as super big in your head?  Then you get there they just happen and you kinda miss it? (Although at my best friend's wedding in '06 everything felt super big and like it was reality versus the dream feeling you sometimes get - I so hope ours is like that!)  I guess I'm wondering if all the changes that marriage brings will be as overwhelming when we get there as I thought that they would be.  Does it depend on the change?

Ok, now I need coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment