Tuesday, August 7, 2012

New Beginnings

I feel like my life is full of beginnings right now.  I'm engaged to the love of my life, he moved temporarily to THIS side of town (before he moves in December (how many days is that again, www.knot.com?)), the country decided to rewrite my job description with this common core business and there's a dog living at my house who *thinks* he's going to get to sleep on my bed - it may be a long night.  I feel it is a great occasion for a new blog to compile my thoughts and feelings on the crazy fast paced life that is mine.

I'm reminded of one of my favorite movie quotes that soothes me in these crazy in between times.  In "Hope Floats," Sandra Bullock (love her!) says, "Beginnings are scary.  Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts.  So when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up.  And it will."  Which beginning should I choose?  Pet ownership?  The school year?  The upcoming beginning of my marriage and a new role in his family?

There are a lot to choose from.  And it doesn't seem like there's time to let hope float up.  We're running to inservice and marriage prep and NFP and family this and friend that.  And, in my 32 years, I've learned that I'm not that good at change.  I need to anticipate change.  Breath it in.  Picture it.  Imagine myself in it.  So God, as much as I've been begging and pleading for this engagement/marriage thing, could you let it slow down a little?  That'd be great.

Father's homily this morning at our diocesan teacher inservice was on trust and courage.  Please, Heavenly Father, give me the courage I need to face the beginnings that remind me more of the first week of college classes where your teachers throw the syllabus in your face and say, "here, read all this.  Tonight.  There will be more tomorrow."  Oh, that only happens to English majors?  Y'all missed out!!  Anyway, Papa, give me the grace and faith I need to let the hope float up.

No comments:

Post a Comment